Acrylic Pines© and all content, original images, and products are copyright. They are the property of Alexa Smith, the owner and author of Acrylic Pines posts, products, photography, and writing. The author claims ownership and protection under copyright laws, and explicit permission is required by visitors to use any content. References must be explicitly clear when sharing content from Acrylic Pines. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this site nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise. You may not link this site without explicit permission, and if permission is given, you are not allowed to claim ownership or endorsement where none is supplied.
Acrylic Pines is not liable for errors or omissions within this blog. Effort is made to censor comments and participation by visitors on this site; however, Acrylic Pines is not responsible for the content of comments made by visitors or users, nor their actions in relation to content within Acrylic Pines. Content of Acrylic Pines is solely the opinions, personal recommendations, and research of the author, and the author is not acting in a professional capacity and therefore not responsible for other outcomes. author is also not liable for information or actions from third parties provided via links, sharing, or guest posts. If a link is provided to a third party, please refer to their company’s terms and conditions.
Visitors have the right and ability to terminate their account at any time with or without cause. Visitors are encouraged to use discretion when visiting or following recommendations from this site in accordance with their own research, opinions, safety measures, personal limitations, or concerns.
The owner of this site may terminate your account at any time as result of abuses of this policy or otherwise stated requests. Common situations of termination include, but are not limited to:
- derogatory remarks,
- use of profanity,
- defamation of the owner, business, or this site,
- defamation of others,
- false claims or advertising,
- harassment of the owner or other visitors,
- unwanted solicitations,
- providing false information,
- and/or breaking copyright laws.
You must not misuse this site. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offense; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offense and any such breach will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
Acrylic Pines is not liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Non-PII (Personally Identifiable Information) may be collected by this site for the following purposes:
- Site performance
- Business enhancement
- Third-party analytics or advertisements
Google Analytics and Google Adsense are utilized by this site to determine site performance. This information assists the owner in making improvements to the site.
Personal visitor information is requested in the following instances:
- Signing up for a newsletter or subscription
- Creating an account
- Ordering and purchasing a product
- Offering or accepting a request to write a guest post
Your privacy is very important. No PII is collected without your permission; and, if given, is not shared. The owner’s security is also very important, and any actions to compromise that security are taken seriously.
Please read the Privacy & Disclosure Statements for more detailed information.
Acrylic Pines is based in Portland, OR, USA and operates under the applicable laws and statues of those governing bodies.
Acrylic Pines owns and operates this website. Access to and use of this site, and the products and services available through it, are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices. By using the services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms and Conditions, which may be occasionally updated. Visitors are advised to read the Terms and Conditions before making a purchase, in order to better understand the contract they are entering by utilizing this site’s services.
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
To enter into a contract with Acrylic Pines, you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by an acceptable/accredited bank. Acrylic Pines retains the right to refuse any request made by visitors. If your order is accepted, you will be notified by email. When placing an order, you agree that all details you provide are true and accurate, that you are an authorized user of the credit or debit card used to place your order, and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods.
Where a contract is made with a third party (typically through an affiliate link), Acrylic Pines is not acting as either agent or principal and the contract is made between yourself and that third party and will be subject to the terms of sale which they supply you.
When you place an order, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your order. This email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract will not be formed until we send you confirmation email that the goods which you ordered have been shipped to you. Only those goods listed in the confirmation email will be included in the contract formed.
Products are available for purchase on this site and other sites like Etsy and Facebook. Availability is determined by date or quantity, unless otherwise stated. Products are for sale until unavailable or taken down from the market at the owner’s discretion.
Products are not to be used for anything other than their intended purpose. The owner is not liable for damages caused by misuse of products.
While every effort is made to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices are accurate, errors may occur. If you are placing an order and find a pricing error, please kindly consult the owner.
- If the price is deemed higher than reasonable, the owner may be contacted for consultation; however, prices are subject to the owner’s discretion, regardless of the purchaser’s opinion. Products are the property of Acrylic Pines, and the owner retains the right to determine the value and pricing of her products.
- If the price is lower than intended due to error, the purchaser will be notified and given the option of paying a corrected price (typically with a discount due to the inconvenience), or to cancel the order and receiving a full refund if payment was already made. Depending on the price difference, interested parties may or may not be allowed to continue with the purchase. If the error is too far below the value of the product, the order will most likely be cancelled.
All prices advertised are subject to change.
Shipping will be charged when applicable, and will be reflected on your order screen.
Shipping times may vary according to availability and are subject to any delays resulting from:
- the postal service used to ship your purchase,
- extreme weather conditions that prevent shipment,
- lack of acceptable payment for the purchase,
- invalid shipping address,
- falsification of purchaser or recipient information,
- emergency situation of the owner, including, but not limited to:
- severe illness or injury
- urgent family matters
- and/or stated vacation times (purchaser will most likely be notified at time of purchase in this instance)
Refunds or replacements may be given in the following situations, and will be determined by the owner:
- incorrect pricing,
- excessive and unreasonable delay in receipt of product,
- excessive damage to product before or during shipping and/or transportation,
- reasonable dissatisfaction with service or product,
- the product clearly does not meet supplied guarantees,
- the product does not meet acceptable quality standards,
- the product does not match description provided on site,
- and/or the product is substantially unfit for its intended purpose.
These situations are subject to further consideration:
- Incorrect pricing: If you feel you were charged an incorrect price, you are advised to kindly contact the owner for resolution. When requesting price corrections and refunds, please be courteous. In your request, please be specific about why you felt you were charged an incorrect amount. Proof may need to be supplied to uphold the purchaser’s complaint. Please note that prices are subject to change, and the owner is not required to notify interested parties. Refunds do not apply to pricing changes made after the purchase, unless there was a blatant error in pricing. If an error was found, the purchaser will be notified and a resolution will be reached. A pricing error does not apply to a coupon received after purchase. Please see Coupons for more information.
- Excessive Delay: If the delay in receipt is not due to: the postal service used to ship your purchase; extreme weather conditions that prevent shipment; lack of acceptable payment provided for the purchase; invalid shipping address; falsification of purchaser or recipient information; or an emergency situation of the owner [including, but not limited to: severe illness or injury, hospitalization, urgent family matters, and/or stated vacation times (purchaser will most likely be notified at time of purchase in this instance)] please contact the owner for resolution. Please be courteous and specific when stating your complaint. You must be able to provide or obtain proof that you ordered the product (for example: order confirmation email, screenshot of final order screen, proof of payment), otherwise the owner will be unable to resolve your concern.
- Excessive damage: The owner invests valuable time and resources into her products, and retains proof of condition throughout creation and sale of each product. If damages do occur before the product can be shipped, a refund will be provided if payment has already been made. If payment has not been made, a discount or similar product may be offered, or a coupon for future use. The owner is responsible for the care of the product until it is released to the shipping company. The owner is not liable for damages sustained during or after shipping. The shipping company is responsible for damages that occur during transportation. If the product was damaged during shipping, please consult both the shipping company and the owner to attempt a resolution. Because products are custom made and in most cases irreplaceable, customers are encouraged to opt for or purchase insurance with shipping during checkout to minimize losses. The owner is not liable for any damages sustained after the product has been safely and successfully shipped, and refunds will not be given if the purchaser causes damage to the product, especially if intentional. While the owner is not responsible for damages caused after the product leaves her care, you may contact her with concerns about damages. If an unfortunate accident occurred that damaged the product, a replacement or similar product may be offered at a fair price (per the owner’s discretion and after careful consideration of the customer’s situation). Proof of damage must be provided.
- Reasonable dissatisfaction:
- The product clearly does not meet supplied guarantees – reasonable guarantees are supplied within the product description in the store. If the product arrives and is clearly not up to those standards, please kindly consult with the owner. Considerations will not be made for false claims. Proof must be provided if stating the product is not up to the supplied guarantees.
- The product does not meet acceptable quality standards – ‘acceptable quality standards’ is a general term and complaints will be made on a case by case basis. The owner takes great care to ensure her products are high quality and takes these complaints very seriously. False or outrageous complaints will not be considered. Proof of poor quality must be provided during consultation.
- The product does not match description provided on site – if product blatantly mismatches the description on the site, a refund will be made or a replacement sent at no cost to the customer. Proof must be provided during complaint. False or outrageous complaints will not be considered.
- And/or the product is substantially unfit for its intended purpose – most complaints in this situation will typically fall under damages, due to the nature of the products being sold from this site (i.e. artwork). An example of an object unfit for its intended purpose would be a rain jacket that is not remotely waterproof. Please be very specific and provide proof in your complaint. False or outrageous complaints will not be considered.
After careful consideration of your situation, if the complaint is valid, resolutions may include, but are not limited to:
- A full refund (if payment has already been made)
- A partial refund (if payment has been made) based on the circumstances
- A discounted offer
- Expedited shipping at the expense of the owner
- A coupon for future use
Refunds and resolutions are subject to a timetable. After you receive your product, you have no more than 7 days to report shipping damages, incorrect pricing, quality complaints, or any quality complaints reasonably determined upon receipt of the product. You have no more than 30 days to report any issues you find to have a refund considered. You have no more than 60 days for a partial refund. After the 60 day deadline, refunds will most likely not be given. You may send a request or complaint in at any time; however, the owner is not required to give a refund, and false claims will not be taken into consideration.
Customer satisfaction is a priority of Acrylic Pines. The owner is happy to review any concerns customers may have about their purchases, and will gladly determine a fair and reasonable resolution to legitimate complaints.
Coupons may occasionally be offered on the site, or through newsletters, social media promotions, and/or referrals. You must have proof of the coupon to receive the discount. Coupons will not be used after the expiration date, or after the promotional period has ended. Discounted pricing cannot be applied in retrospect. The parameters on the coupon must be followed (i.e. one coupon per customer), or the discount will be revoked. Abuse of coupons may result in the termination of your account or subscription. If you have a coupon that recently expired (within the last 7 days) and wish to use it, you may send a request to the owner for an exception, but no guarantees will be made.
When you purchase a product, you enter into an agreement to pay the stated price of the product as well as any tax, shipping, or other stated charges. Your card will be charged upon successful authorization. If you provide false or incorrect information, you will be contacted to correct or cancel your order. If you do not respond within 7 days, your order will be canceled.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Acrylic Pines from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use this Website or your breach of the Terms of Service.
Updates and changes may be made to these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
If you have any complaints regarding this site, its services or products, or related objects, please relay your concerns in a kind and courteous manner. Complaints will be handled as efficiently and fairly as possible. Please send your complaints to email@example.com. Include in your complaint: reasonable evidence, suggestions or requests for resolution, and a valid/correct return address (email or written). Communication is invaluable and your efforts to resolve any issues are taken very seriously.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
The above Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you (the user, customer, or visitor) and Acrylic Pines.
View or Download as a PDF: